Friday, May 13, 2011

{paige's turn}

A few months ago, my brother DJ spent five nights at Mosiac. He had a blast, but my mom was almost in tears every minute.

I am going to Olympic Park in Washington for a full week! (my mom got all weepy the second she found out)

I signed up a while ago, did all the paperwork and paid the money, but I didn't get in. I was so devastated. So I was on the waiting list, meaning if someone's grades dropped or they, misbehaved, I would be next in line to get the spot.
And I got in!

I was jumping up and down and yelling in the hallway after my teacher told me.

So tomorrow morning I have to be at the airport at 5 o' clock in the morning. We're taking the plane to Seattle, Washington. Then we're taking a bus to Olympic National Park.
Right when we get there, we're going on a mile long hike. We have a bunch of chaperones and instructors, so I assume that the first day will be an ice- breaker.
I don't know all the details of every day, but I know that were camping the second night. Like pitch- a tent, sleeping bag on the floor camping. (by the way, it's supposed to rain all week, and we do everything rain or shine)
After an amazing week, I'm coming home on Friday.

It's going to be a fantastic week with friends and nature!

1 comment:

Sandra in NM* said...

Any chance you saw Jacob or Edward out there in the woods? Glad you had a good time--bet your Mom is super glad to have you home now.