Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)

By Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Falling.
I was free falling, tumbling through the air.
"Ethan!"
She called to me, and just the sound of her voice made my heart race.
"Help me!"
She was falling, too. I stretched out my arm, trying to catch her. I reached out, but all I caught was air.There was no ground beneath my feet, and I was clawing at mud. We touched fingertips and I saw green sparks in the darkness.
Then she slipped through my fingers, and all I could feel was loss.
Lemons and rosemary. I could smell her even then.
But I couldn't catch her.
And I couldn't live without her.




Sixteen moons, sixteen years
Sixteen of your deepest fears
Sixteen times you dreamed my tears
Falling, falling through the years...



No comments: