Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Shapeshifters: The Kiesha'ra of the Den of Shadows

The Shapeshifters: The Kiesha'ra of the Den of Shadows

by Amelia Atwater- Rhodes




"I wanted to scream and weep, but a hawk does not cry, especially here on the battlefield in, the midst of the dead and surrounded only by her guards. She does not scream or beat the ground or curse at the sky.

Among my kind, tears were considered a disgrace to the dead and a shame among the living.

Avian reserve. It kept the heart from breaking with each new death. It keep the worriers fighting a war no one could win. It kept me standing when I had nothing to stand for but bloodshed.
I could not cry for my brother, though I wanted to."



"In a society that worships love, freedom, and beauty, dance is sacred. It is a prayer for the future, a remembrance of the past and a joyful exclamation of thanks for the present."



"One thing was true in both our cultures: When a woman carrying a child said she was hungry, people listened."



"The sun will rise tomorrow, and life will go on. It will still hurt. You will still miss them. But eventually things will get better."



"

No comments: